Family Lawyers in Ealing. West London

Domestic Violence

In the context of family law, and particularly in the case of victims of domestic abuse, there are legal safeguards in place enabling victims of such abuse to be protected from such behaviour. These are known as protective measures.

If you and your spouse are going through a divorce or separation, or have issues surrounding your safety and accommodation, protective measures are designed to help protect you.

Should you need help, and need to discuss your situation, you should seek legal advice at the earliest opportunity, and FisherWright Solicitors can help you.

Non-molestation orders

The Family Law Act 1996 allows for an injunction known as a non-molestation order, which is intended to prevent your partner or ex-partner from threatening or using violence against you and your children. It is also aimed at preventing them from harassing you in order to safeguard the well-being, health and safety of you and your children.

A non-molestation order is court order, and the law gives the court broad powers to protect you and your family.

Here at FisherWright Solicitors, we have considerable experience in applying to court on behalf of individuals for such orders, and we can help to protect you and your children.

Should your partner or ex-partner be causing you problems on an ongoing basis, if you and your family are in immediate danger, you should always contact the police.

However, on a longer term basis, we are able to assist you in obtaining an order to prevent such issues in the future.

Occupation orders

An occupation is a court order aimed at regulating who can live in your family home in the event of you and your children being victims of domestic abuse. Such an order can also be used to prevent your abuser from coming into the surrounding area.

If you feel unsafe at home because of your ex-partner, and have left home because of it, but wish to return, an occupation order allows for this, whilst legally excluding your ex-partner from living there.

If these circumstances apply to you, an occupation order may be appropriate. In order to discuss your options, as well as the process involved, please contact FisherWright Solicitors today. We will be pleased to help you.

Transfer of Tenancy

Under the Family Law Act 1996, a court has the power to grant a transfer of tenancy order. In simple terms, when you and your partner, who have been living together, cannot decide what happens to a tenancy when you separate, the court can decide for you.

There are detailed legal guidelines as to in what circumstances a transfer of tenancy can take place, and FisherWright Solicitors can assist you with obtaining a transfer of tenancy order.

Domestic Violence & Protective Measure Lawyers Ealing, London

In order to discuss the possibility of applying to court for an order, please contact us today.

Call us on 0208 719 0101

Enquire Online

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your subject.
Please let us know your message.
Invalid captcha